Meditation in Red Bank and Shrewsbury NJ Message Board › Happy New Year and Welcome New Members

Happy New Year and Welcome New Members

A former member
Hello Red Bank Meditators and Happy 2013. IF YOU HAVEN'T YET ATTENDED A CLASS....READ ON!

I would like to extend a special welcome to those of you who have yet to attend a class, to attend this coming Tuesday night the free public lecture where you can meet our teacher, Peter Kurxzynski, and all the wonderful and diverse folks who join us. Peter will be starting a new class series, and while you can come to any class and receive helpful teachings, its great to start a series at the beginning...

I know many of you have been members of this site for awhile and yet not joined us - maybe for some of the reasons below... if so, I urge you to relax, make time for your own happiness, and join us!

REASONS YOU MAY HAVE FOR HESITATING TO COME TO A CLASS

I am shy or worried about coming for the first time to a group where everyone knows each other.

New people attend every week - we are very warm and welcoming.

I can't come every Tuesday, and so I will not understand the teaching, or miss something.

Every class has some gem of information or teaching that you will find useful. Come when you can.

I can't afford the class fee.

No one is turned away for lack of funds.

I practice a different religion and am concerned about conflict with Buddhist teachings, or maybe that studying Buddhism will feel uncomfortable.

The classes will help you learn about Buddhist teachings, and try out some mediation that can be of practical use in your life. You don't have to give up or challenge your faith to get benefit from these teachings.

I don't have time to fit this into my busy life, even though I am interested.

It is OK for you to take some time for yourself. Many of the things you learn in this class will be of huge benefit to your family and friends.

If you have other concerns, please let me know.

Let this be the year that you bring these amazing teachings into your life to develop inner peace and happiness for the benefit of all. Hope to see you Tuesday.