Red River Valley Outdoors Message Board › What's everyone into?

What's everyone into?

A former member
Post #: 16
My personal interests are mountain biking, gardening, fishing and occasional camping.
I figure if we find more people with a common interest we will be motivated to have more meetups. Just a thought. Also, it will allow us to get to know the folks on this site.
A former member
Post #: 3
I like to go hiking, camping, walking my dog, fishing. I ride my mountain bike some. I am also interested trying snow shoeing this next winter.
heather s.
user 16463951
West Fargo, ND
Post #: 1
Summers I spend lots of time kayaking, cycling on bike paths (heartland, central lakes, etc) n hiking. I also enjoy gardening n camping. Winters: cross country skiing n fell in love w snow shoeing last winter! I'm always. Open to trying new tungsten, so if you don't mind me learning as we go n likely slowing the group down, suggest something!
A former member
Scuba diving, camping, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, hang gliding, biking, offroading, geocaching, and anything else I can really get into.
Dan
user 13881653
West Fargo, ND
Hello. Some of my interests include hiking, mountain biking, camping, snow shoeing, sports, etc. I live pretty close to the Central Lakes Trail so that is always a quick and fun outing. I'm hoping to ride in the Big Mick Big Race (George Mickelson Trail, SD) in June and visit Theodore Roosevelt National Park (ND) sometime this spring.
A former member
Post #: 33
I'm into hiking in new places. I enjoy being in nature and taking the view all in. Spending the afternoon reading or sleeping in nature is one of my favorite pleasures in life. I'm not a great fisherman but I enjoy the peacefulness of fishing. I enjoy outdoors sports also. I would really like to hang out with people that enjoyed the outdoors the way I do. I hope that happens with this group :)
A former member
Post #: 17
My main goal for the summer is to bike the maah daah hey trail(96 mile trail between theodore roosevelt national parks). I did one section a few years back. It rained almost the whole week I took off. I only finished one section due to weather but i did see some of the most beautiful landscapes I can remember.
A former member
Basically, I like everything that others have mentioned (except fishing). Camping and hiking are great of course, and kayaking (and canoeing, though given the choice, I’ll pick a kayak). I love rock climbing. I used to do it indoors at this amazing climbing gym, until I moved. I’ve gone outdoor climbing for a week trip, but unfortunately can’t lead them myself. I agree with Heather – trying new things is great too! I’ve been wanting to go snow shoeing for forever, but haven’t gotten the chance yet. I love downhill skiing, and would be open to trying cross country, and Jay, I would really like to do the Maah Daah Hey trail too!
A former member
Post #: 4
A guy I worked with did the Maah Daah Hey. He said it was fun but would do spring or fall instead of summer next time.

I did my first backpack trip last October. I did the Achenbach Trail. It was fantastic and scary all in one. My daughter and I, also, go to Grand Marais, MN every year and hike and camp over the 4th.

PS I also would like to meet people who enjoy the outdoors. I dont have any friends who enjoy it like me, except my daughter.