addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Red Mountain Makers Message Board › Host a Show and Tell?

Host a Show and Tell?

trae
user 2293276
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 10
Can anyone host a Show and Tell for August 20th?
Shirley H.
Velochiccdunord
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 12
A little hard for me to offer - we're in an apartment complex and we're only arriving home the day before.
Eric J.
user 106472232
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 1
I posted to the comments on the meetup also, but I can.
A former member
Post #: 13
If you can take my land back from the neighbor's dogs, so there is parking space, you can meet here. As is tho, on 12 acres, i have no space to turn my own car around. You will need to get me the right to have garbage pickup also, because having garbage pickup irritates the dog, and that's called "felony cruelty to animals" by the St Clair Co District Attorney's office, so the trash has not been taken out of my house in some 15 years. I find it appalling that you people who do have human rights cannot host a meeting of geeks, and you'd rather see RedMountainMakers disband for lack of a place to meet and share.
David
dhj
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 6
Kat, I'm not sure where you got the idea that RMM is at risk of disbanding for lack of a place to meet and share. I just wanted to let you know that is nowhere near the truth. We are going strong and gaining momentum -- not slowing down. The two usual hosts for show and tell have prior commitments, so we are looking for someone to host a single meeting.
A former member
Post #: 14
It's not reasonable that 2 or 3 or 4 people be the only hosts for meetups forever. For the group to succeed, i'd expect people in Bham to volunteer for hosting or to find suitable places to rent/lease. I live 30 minutes outside Bham, but i asked around when i came in to buy steel. And i know the big Hoover library lets room to groups, altho i do not know the terms.
A former member
Post #: 15
If you have RMM but with no weekly meetups, what have you got?
David
dhj
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 8
Eric, thank you for offering to host. I will get with you by e-mail to work out details.