In our ongoing poll on people's areas of interest, the subject of Classical Mechanics has consistently come in first. If you are interested in the subject, try to make it to this meeting, where we will discuss the possibility of forming an on-going study group.
Since it's been a while since we've had a general meet-up, and quite a few people have joined the group recently, please feel totally free to attend, meet some other members, and socialize -- even if CM is not your particular area of interest.
NOTE: To find us, look for a card like the one at the bottom of this page.
Once again I'm trying to clear out my bookshelf. The following will be up for grabs tonight:
- Quantum Reality - Herbert
- On the Sensations of Tone - Helmholtz
- The Quark and the Jaguar - Gell-Mann
- The Seven Mysteries of Life - Murchie
- The Fractal Geometry of Nature - Mandelbrot
- The Science of Fractal Images - Peitgen and Saupe