Regarding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), a recent CNN/ORC International poll found the following:
- 43% of the public support the new law
- 54% of the public oppose the new law (19% of those opposed believe the law isn't liberal enough.)
Where do you stand on the battle for health care:
- Is coverage a "right" that we're entitled to or something you should personally work and pay for?
- Does the government have the right to force you into coverage?
- What are the best arguments for a free market vs. a single-payer program?
Attached below is an article that sums up and simplifies the PP/ACA for people who don't want to read the entire bill. [Editor's note: I don't necessarily support the site or any of the comments. It's simply one of the best, non-partisan breakdowns of the bill with citations.]
Credit goes out to Lydia for this week's meetup! We've got a great list of suggestions and are trying to incorporate them. Keep 'em coming!