Around Berlin in 80 Restaurants Message Board "Around Berlin.." Generic Discussion Forum › Continuation of this Meetup Group

Continuation of this Meetup Group

Brian
The_Floridian
Konstanz, DE
Post #: 10
I am starting this discussion to encourage everyone who is interested in keeping this Meetup group going to get together and discuss how best to make this happen. I have sent a separate message to those of you who have in the past expressed interest in this. Nevertheless, I am sure that anyone who wants to be involved will be welcome.

My Organizer dues are paid until February 25th, so there are nine days before this comes to an end. After this time, I think there will be another 14 days during which someone else can step up as the group organizer.
A former member
Post #: 1
To anyone who is interested in keeping this group running I would like to propose that we get a group of organizers together and split the cost of running the group. I also propose that all interested organizers get together to figure out a transition and best way forward with the group.
Chris
1DrWho
Berlin, DE
Post #: 6

I agree David, how about this week somewhere?
Kevin
user 7996598
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I just returned to Berlin and I'm willing to contribute. What is the overall situation?
Cecile
user 25925652
Berlin, DE
Post #: 3
I totally agree with David suggestion! Count me in!
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 7
David, good initiative on setting up the organizers meeting. However, it looks like a lot of the people who would like to be involved can't make it on that date, so I wonder if it would make sense to set up a poll with several suggested dates/times and see when works for the most people. I could set up the poll if people think it's a good idea (I would use doodle).
A former member
Post #: 2
Ben,
my thoughts
-It is going to be difficult to get the majority of together quickly.
-I think this will take several meetings.
-I am trying to get this process moving. It has been difficult to get the momentum started on this transition.
-
I am open to suggestions and will do what everyone thinks is best.
Let me know,
David
Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 29
I won't be able to make this meeting either unfortunately. But the main thing I can offer is that since I am the organizer of another meetup group already, I can easily take this one under my same Meetup account info - no need to worry about the finances right now, we can figure it out down the road. Otherwise if a new person takes the group over they have to give Meetup their credit card info and make the first payment immediately, which scares a lot of people off. So if you want, the easiest is I take the group and Brian can disentangle himself from it, then we can still plan the meeting to figure out what's-what going forward. Best, Chris
A former member
Post #: 3
I just cancelled the Thursday organizer meal.
(time to regroup)
we have to many people who want to help and can not make Thursday.
-
Time to think about another day and time to get together.
D
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 8
Okay, I set up a poll to choose a time, with two options per day over 8 days from this Thursday to next Thursday.

Here's the link: http://doodle.com/arc...­

Ben