addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Around Berlin in 80 Restaurants Message Board "Around Berlin.." Generic Discussion Forum › Continuation of this Meetup Group

Continuation of this Meetup Group

Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 9
I removed the options that conflict with upcoming meetups in this group, and added next Friday instead.
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 10
So far, the preferred time is 8pm next Wed or Thurs.

David, if you have a record of who expressed interest in the cancelled meetup for tomorrow, maybe you could forward them the doodle link... Probably not all of them are following this discussion, and I'd prefer to avoid spamming the whole group.
Chris
AmaFussiBerlin
Berlin, DE
Post #: 7

First of all, cheers Ben! I certainly do like your doodles. perhaps you could do another for the type of place to meet; that way everyone attending has the opportunity to stuff their face if they so desire.

Ive put down the times / days Im available. Thursday Im out of Berlin for a few days, so wont be able to make it to a meet.

I do, in principle, think its not a bad offer from Chris; however, I would like Around Berlin in 80 to keep its Identity and not just be an offshoot of his group. Maybe we could work something out when we meet.

Brian
The_Floridian
Basel, CH
Post #: 12
Dear all,

I have handed over the reins to Chris, who had offered to take over the role of Organizer for this group. This will give those interested time to figure out how to best finance the group, etc. I don't think that this change will have much of an impact on the nature of the group itself.

Best of luck to everyone!

Brian
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 11
Hmmm, I'm not sure how that buys us extra time... The deadline for the next payment is presumably no later now than it would have been if the group had briefly remained without an organizer, right?

Re the poll, Wednesday 8pm is the winner, I'll close the poll now and set up an event. And sure, I can create another doodle to choose a location. Any suggestions?

(Aside: I was expecting to get responses from two Chrises but have only one. Maybe one Chris accidentally overwrote the other? Anyway, the margin is big enough that one possibly missing response couldn't change the result.)

Ben
Brian
The_Floridian
Basel, CH
Post #: 13
Hi Ben,

It buys extra time because the Organizer fees are basically a license to the Organizer to possess up to three Meetup groups for a period of six months. So Chris has paid his dues; he already had two other groups; and now he took over this one. So he can maintain these three groups until his six-month license must be renewed. My Organizer fees are due on the 25th and I am not going to renew them at this point in time.

Best regards,

Brian
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 12
I see! Thanks for the explanation, Brian.
A former member
Post #: 1
I see you picked the upcoming Wednesday. Unfortunately I can't come that day.
Good idea to do the voting on doodle, unfortunately I came too late for voting and also didn't see my name there.
Nevertheless keep me informed, I might still be able to contribute some in the future.
Thanks and have a productive and enjoyable event.
Cheers
Thomas
Ben
user 11915272
Berlin, DE
Post #: 13
Hi Thomas, the way it works on doodle is you add your own name. Sorry you didn't get a chance to vote and won't be able to make it.

Regards,
Ben
Cecile
user 25925652
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 4
Hi guys!

Here are the templates for the mail https://docs.google.c...­

And for the group description
https://docs.google.c...­