If you attended our July 14th Meet-Up at the Reston Energy Fair.... or if you would still like to participate (but not eligible to win a prize - you will still receive a certificate, learn a lot, lower your energy bill, meet new people, and have a great time!)
Visit the Reston Home Energy Conservation Challenge website – leave posts and helpful comments!
you are invited to the
RESTON ENERGY FAIR’s
Home Energy Conservation Challenge
Thursday, Aug 22nd, 7 to 9 pm
Reston Nature House Meeting Room,
Walker Nature Education Center (11450 Glade Drive)
• Over 15 people/households who attended the Reston Energy Fair will be participating in our 1st Energy Challenge
• The challenge will run from 1 September 2013 to 29 February 2014
• Please make and bring a copy of your “Past (12 months) Energy Usage” that is available through your on-line Dominion account -- you must login to get this information. (Keep a copy for your records too!)
• The household with the greatest % decrease in energy usage during the same period last year -- will win the first prize of a DieHard Platinum 1150 Portable Power unit – people “got through” Hurricane Sandy with the help of this versatile unit!
• Smaller similar prizes for 2nd and 3rd places
Our Thursday evening agenda includes:
1. An energy conservation “group icebreaker” to meet each other
2. Going through and discussing the challenge guidelines and rules
3. Tips and strategies for decreasing your home energy usage
4. Selecting your “handle” and blogging your comments and energy improvements on the Reston Home Energy Conservation Challenge website You may also want to include improvements or changes you made to your home over the past 6 months – as they will impact changes in your energy usage during the challenge period!
5. Discussing ideas for get-togethers or meet-ups to discuss each other’s energy conservation efforts ….
6. Help with a home energy audit – LEAP participation….
We look forward to seeing everyone at the Reston Energy Conservation Challenge ‘Kick-Off” Meeting on Thursday evening, 22 August, from 7 to 9 pm. Please send us a “reply email” as to whether or not you will be able to attend the “Kick-Off” meeting!
Your Home Energy Challenge Coordinators: Karen and Rick Elliott, and Diane Blust
Reston Home Energy Conservation Challenge Judges: Anna Pizzo and Brian Yoder with Sustainable Reston
Reston Energy Fair Sponsors: Sustainable Reston, Reston Association, and Reston Community Center