addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Reston SharePoint User Group Message Board › Training budget benchmark?

Training budget benchmark?

Jason S.
user 137242622
Reston, VA
Post #: 1
I wonder if anyone has ever seen statistics that refer to the percentage of overall (licensing + services) expense that should be dedicated to staff training? So, if an organization spends $50K on SharePoint licenses and $100K on implementation services, should they expect to spend, say, 10%, 15%, 20% of that total on training (in addition). I realize that training does occur within the implementation as well, but I am thinking of an organization that may have hundreds of potential SharePoint users that are not part of the implementation work.

I can’t seem to find any reference able information. Do you happen to know of anything? Even if it is not SharePoint specific and maybe addresses large scale applications in general?