Jul 12, 2014 · 4:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
REGARDING PARKING: There is street parking around the area. Please don't park on the sidewalk or block any driveways or gates.
WE WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 4. If you have questions, call Kiani at[masked]-7444.
Bring your favorite summer themed dish. Desserts are popular, but let's not forget this will be dinner as well.
We can start by introducing ourselves and mentioning our background with raw food. The full moon will be rising on Kailua Beach, which is a brief walk away, around sunset. No showers at the beach in this area, but there is an outdoor shower to use at the house if you wanted to rinse off afterwards. Please come before 6, so if/when we decide to go down to the beach, we can all go as a group.
1) We welcome all people, from all walks of life. No matter how you eat on a daily basis, you are always welcome to attend our meetups, provided you contribute in some way based on the next few guidelines.
2) Everyone attending the meetup MUST bring an item to share. Items/dishes must be RAW, VEGAN (meaning no animal products AT ALL), ORGANIC if possible but at the very minimum GMO FREE. When not all organic, be sure to specify when you introduce your dish at the meetup. NO DAIRY, NO REFINED SUGARS. ONLY exception to this is RAW HONEY.
3) Families of three or more are asked to bring two items. Everyone is welcome to bring ONE GUEST where the guest is not required to bring something as well.
4) Bring enough to serve 20 people. If you opt to bring fruit instead of a dish, in fairness to others bring enough for 20 members and/or at least $15.00 worth of fruit. If you don't have time or desire to prepare a dish to share, there will be a $15.00 fee.
5) BRING YOUR OWN UTENSIL TO SERVE DISH, UTENSILS TO EAT WITH, NAPKINS, AND PLATE FOR EATING (many of you tend to forget this!) and your own BEVERAGES.
6) For outdoor locations, please bring your own chair/blanket to sit on. If you have folding tables or pop-up tent that you would like to offer for our use, please check with organizer. These items are always in need.
7)Be prepared to describe your dish and list all ingredients. If possible, print out the recipe to place next to your dish on the table. This makes it easy for those with allergies or sensitivities to avoid dishes they need to.
Meetups are for sharing RAW/VEGAN items ONLY. This is NOT a VEGETARIAN, COOKED VEGAN, PALEO, or other group.
Thank you for your cooperation. I'm really looking forward to the Summer Kickoff Party!