REGARDING PARKING: There is street parking around the area. Please don't park on the sidewalk or block any driveways or gates.
Be aware that Makawao is a one way road heading mauka and a head on collision nearly occurred recently.
The address is on North Kainalu and NOT South Kainalu. Big difference.
WE WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 4. If you have questions, call Kiani at[masked]-7444.
Bring your favorite summer themed dish. Desserts are popular, but let's not forget this will be dinner as well.
We can start by introducing ourselves and mentioning our background with raw food.
At the 7/12 pot luck a brief tour of the garden was given, but there were requests to provide more details and demonstrations as to how I am growing my sprouts, gardening with little to no water, using coconuts and so much more. I am not able to go through everything in one afternoon, but I think I can show how a majority of it is done. I understand how a raw diet can be very time consuming, so over the years I have found a few things that I can do regularly that are simple and easy and give the best results as far as providing health and vitality.
This is not a paid class, but more of a casual observation of how I plant sprouts, make Noni juice, Seed Mylk, Cabbage Rejuvelac, sprout Chia and Flax on cardboard, garden without water, and if I have time and energy a few more simple and easy things I do in my routine to maximize health and vibrancy with minimal effort and cost. You are welcome to take notes. Demonstrations for growing sprouts, Noni, gardening, etc. will be during daylight hours. Pot luck and social after dark.
1) We welcome all people, from all walks of life. No matter how you eat on a daily basis, you are always welcome to attend our meetups, provided you contribute in some way based on the next few guidelines.
2) Everyone attending the meetup MUST bring an item to share. Items/dishes must be RAW, VEGAN (meaning no animal products AT ALL), ORGANIC if possible but at the very minimum GMO FREE. When not all organic, be sure to specify when you introduce your dish at the meetup. NO DAIRY, NO REFINED SUGARS. ONLY exception to this is RAW HONEY.
3) Families of three or more are asked to bring two items. Everyone is welcome to bring ONE GUEST where the guest is not required to bring something as well.
4) Bring enough to serve 20 people. If you opt to bring fruit instead of a dish, in fairness to others bring enough for 20 members and/or at least $15.00 worth of fruit. If you don't have time or desire to prepare a dish to share, there will be a $15.00 fee.
5) BRING YOUR OWN UTENSIL TO SERVE DISH, UTENSILS TO EAT WITH, NAPKINS, AND PLATE FOR EATING (many of you tend to forget this!) and your own BEVERAGES.
6) For outdoor locations, please bring your own chair/blanket to sit on. If you have folding tables or pop-up tent that you would like to offer for our use, please check with organizer. These items are always in need.
7)Be prepared to describe your dish and list all ingredients. If possible, print out the recipe to place next to your dish on the table. This makes it easy for those with allergies or sensitivities to avoid dishes they need to.
8)NO ALCOHOL. Some may say drinking wine is healthy and there are some organic wines that are sulfate free, but you can't convince me that alcohol doesn't have a negative effect on your liver and that it doesn't compromise our ability to focus and make our dreams come true. There is a reason why casinos give you free drinks when you are gambling.
9)If you bring only fruit or a salad please bring some packaged raw food. The one I like is the Gone Nuts! brand Lemongrass Curry. There are also Kale Chips, Flax Crackers and Nori sticks available at DTE/WFM. People that make gourmet dishes put much more time, effort and expense into their fancy presentations.
Meetups are for sharing RAW/VEGAN items ONLY. This is NOT a VEGETARIAN, COOKED VEGAN, PALEO, or other group.
Thank you for your cooperation.