This is an outdoor workshop for beginners that typically runs twice per month on Sunday mornings from 9 am-12 am.
Workshop Fee: $150
What You Will Learn:
1. Welcome and Introductions (during this time I will collect any payments or coupons)
2. Some Warm Up Shooting
3. Camera Basics:
- How to hold the camera (viewfinder vs. live view)
- Selecting a Shooting Mode
- How to Focus (Auto, Manual, One Shot, AI Focus, AI Servo)
- File Types and Sizes
- Picture Styles / Picture Controls
- Displaying an Image (play, zoom, move, Exif data, histograms)
- White Balance
- The Exposure Triangle (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture)
- Hand holding rule
- How to evaluate a histogram
- How to use EXIF Data to improve a photo
- How to use exposure compensation
5. Exposure Exercises Worksheet
6. How to shoot in:
- Program Mode
- Shutter Priority Mode
- Aperture Priority Mode
- Manual Mode
7. Shoot a
- group shot
- leading line
- blur or freeze action
This workshop must have at least 4 people registered to run. If it doesn’t run due to the number of people registered you will have to register for another date that has at least 4.
If inclement weather occurs on the day of a workshop it will be cancelled and you can sign up for a future date listed on this site.
Please remember to bring your camera with a fully charged battery and the camera’s manual. If you have a tripod please bring it as well.
Also if you are using a GPS to get to this address it sent some people to town hall which is right up the street from the library, so please make sure you are in the library parking lot.
***Please download and print these files before the workshop. They are excerpts from my e-book which can be purchased from morethanasnapshot.com