Rick's Hiking & Fun Group Message Board › Tucson events

Tucson events

Rick M.
user 9432159
Group Organizer
Beverly Shores, IN
Post #: 7
dear Tucson members--

welcome to the 10-12 Tucson area people who signed up for my group. i scheduled an event here, and sought Tucson members because i have visited here once or twice a year since the turn of the millennium, and thought of Tucson as somewhere i might move in the winter when i retire.

about a week before my visit, i learned that my best Tucson friend got a job in Mesa and will be moving there with his family shortly. i still have good friends here, but since Tom and Marianne are moving, i won't be visiting as often, and am less likely to retire here.

since no one new had actually signed up for my event yet, i attached it to a hike i was having with my friends last weekend, and proceeded with the people i already knew here. we had a day of eclectic fun that lasted from 1 PM to midnight, but instead of the start of anything new, it is more likely to have been a finale.

i have enjoyed the wonderful hiking opportunities around Tucson for the last 12 years, and will miss them if i am not back.
i thank you for your interest, and am sorry i likely won't meet you. my group has a busy schedule in Chicago, Indiana, and Michigan, and if you are ever there, you are warmly welcome,

Rick

PS--you can check out the pics from the event on the meetup past calendar