As a former program of Post 142, we, as Riders of Southwest Idaho, still ride for veteran's charity. camaraderie and fun! We have listed a few examples of things we do. Please contact us for membership qualification and other information! You may hit "contact us" on this page with your questions or click on 'join us'. Thank you for your interest. We ride with pride, honored to be serving our veterans and America.
Membership is not dependent upon joining online. If you chose to join without signing up here, please send us a note through the 'contact us' function.We currently have members that are not on the internet.
Examples of our Activities:
1. We ride in support of the military, with other groups and patriots.
2. Participation in rides benefitting veterans causes such as the Boise Valley POW/MIA's Chrome at the Home event, and the Combat Vets' Armed Forces Day Run.
3. Sponsoring or participating in local rides and charity events in support of The American Legion such as Boys and Girls State, and in support of the veteran community (events such as the Veteran Olympics, Give a Vet a Ride, etc.).
4. Raising donations for such organizations in the veteran community and the community in general, such as the Idaho State Veterans' Home, VA Hospital, City Light Women and Children's Shelter, the Northwest Children's Home, and others.
5. Sponsoring motorcycle "Runs" to benefit numerous charities, including charities for veterans, underprivileged children and medical research, such as the Wyakin Warrior program, the Robert E. Dyas Foundation for Fallen and Wounded Soldiers and their famlies, Relay for Life, Diabetes run, and the Brandon Titus run, to name a few.
6. Participation in local veteran and community memorial ceremonies, events and parades.
7. Helping serve breakfast and lunches to the veterans at the Veterans' Home, and playing bingo and pinochle with the vets at the Home and VA Hospital, assisting with Chapel services (we generally log an average of 200 volunteer hours a month.)
8. Riding escort, missing man formation, and standing flaglines at military funerals and to honor fallen military men and women, and protect the sanctity of their funerals from those who would dishonor their memory.
9. Riding escort and/or standing flagline for troops/units en route to departure airfields and airports to combat tours overseas, and welcoming them home upon their return.
This group is closed to new members.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:00 AM
Sunday, August 9, 2015 2:00 PM
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:00 AM
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:30 PM
Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:30 PM
Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:00 AM
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:00 AM
Sunday, August 23, 2015 2:00 PM
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:00 AM
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:00 AM
Sunday, September 6, 2015 2:00 PM
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:00 AM
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:30 PM
Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:30 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:00 AM
Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:00 AM
Sunday, September 20, 2015 2:00 PM
Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:00 AM
Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:00 AM
Sunday, October 4, 2015 2:00 PM