Rippowam Labs Message Board › We need a name!

We need a name!

A former member
Post #: 4
The Pequot were mostly in the northeastern section of the state. Our area was Quiripi territory.
I like the shout out to the local native people, but is it offensive to those we are referring to?

If it's not offensive, I have to toss out there The Mo Hackins. Like "Last of the Mohackins."

Pequot Labs is pretty awesome too!
John R.
user 31157932
Group Organizer
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 6
Jason, the Pequots made their last stand in Fairfield. They were surrounded in a swamp. Many were taken prisoner or killed - but their chief was able to escape. The tribe was once powerful and their warriors were fierce, which is why I wanted the name.

In any case, there is actually a copy of the original document that recorded the "sale" of Stamford to the whites in the Stamford Innovation Center. I can show it to you. The last time I read it, it only referred to Chief Ponus ... I don't remember it mentioning his tribe's name.

Here is a wiki page that references the sale ... http://en.wikipedia.o...­

I guess the Indians called this area Rippowam .... maybe Rippowam Labs????

That will end the history-lesson portion of this post. BTW, Mo-Hackins ... great play on words!!

A former member
Post #: 2
Ok. Last chance to get your name suggestions in. I am going to put together a survey to vote after tonight. Here is what we got so far:

CT-MOS
Hack-A-Conn
HACT - Hackers Alliance of Connecticut
Hacker Armory
Pequot Hackerspace
Pequot Labs
Pequot Flux
Pequot Guild
The Mo Hackins
Rippowam Labs

Thanks!
A former member