Rippowam Labs Message Board › We need a name!

We need a name!

A former member
Post #: 1
As discussed at the last couple of lunches, we need a name. We don't necessarily want to be associated with Norwalk because we would like to have a much further reach than just Norwalk.

So let's start a thread for names. Send any idea you come up with. I will compile a list for next week's lunch.

Here's a start from me:

CT-MOS
Hack-A-Conn

Thanks.

Louis
A former member
Post #: 2
My thought...
Hackers Alliance of Connecticut
HACT for short and we could use a font that they thought would be futuristic in the 70's like

I wish that I could make it to the Show and Tell tonight, but definitely see you guys at the next lunch and I will bring my remote.
John R.
user 31157932
Group Organizer
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 3
I would love to go with Jason's HACT. It is really cool - but the url is already taken (in nearly all permutations [i.e., .net, .org., .us, etc.]). Does this matter?
A former member
Post #: 1
Agreed on HACT (as cool as it is).

I think ct-mos is really cool.

Other suggestions:
Hacker Armory
RoboCT
Connect-ors
A former member
hact.co is available or I can easily host it at hact.p80.com, not sure how much the domain actually matters.

I like Hacker Armory too, though! That logo would be cool.
A former member
Post #: 6
HACT definitely looks good, how about something like hact-in-fairfield-county.org or a similar permutation?

Hacker Armory would be cool, and in keeping with some of our discussions last night.
A former member
Post #: 2
I agree that we need a name that has CT or Fairfield County.

What about hact.cc?

".cc" is a pretty popular domain ending among hackers (e.g. arduino.cc and littleBits.cc).

And it seems to be available! I think hact.co also works.
John R.
user 31157932
Group Organizer
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 4
I love Hacker Armory and HACT ... but here's another idea ...

What about including the name of an indian tribe that thrived around here before any white man showed up. The Pequot indian tribe built a high culture and lived off the land, learning how to hunt/gather food and build tools. They were the ultimate in DIY. Their skills and knowledge made them the most powerful indian tribe in the area.

Let me think about how we could include this in a name ...

A former member
Some suggestions:
Pequot Hackerspace
Pequot Labs
Pequot Flux
Pequot Guild
John R.
user 31157932
Group Organizer
Norwalk, CT
Post #: 5
Kamil, you are a stallion! Pequot Labs is simple and to the point! The URL is available too.