Rise Up Singing Plus Message Board › Hi from organzer
Saint Paul, MN
Hello Music People,
Thanks for joining!
I decided to start a group because I love to sing and though I still attend Rise Up Singing groups, I would like this to be a bit more. The RUS group: everyone takes turn picking a song. There may be harmonizing, may not. I love folk music, blue grass , show tunes, but would love to get beyond that and try newer artist music that I also love.
Here is my idea, which is still just for fun:
• Start with the RUS book as song choices (easy)
• Branch out to members choices. Member would be responsible for bringing multiple copies of chords/lyrics . I will keep them in books available for each gathering
• Take a song and work on harmonies. So we don't just play/sing a song once a night and move on, we would work on a piece.
• Allow for featuring members, either singing or playing
Gathering date time. It is my experience that people have too much going on during the week.
• My home – Roseville. I have a relatively large living room and a piano/ extra guitar.
• Friday nights
• 7-9 pm ( early enough to still have other plans?) Or 6:30 to 8:30
• Would you come?
• Other ideas and suggestions?
• Do you know of other people that would like to try this?
I waited to send this until I had a few people. We have 20 right now. So will schedule 1st on later in Sept,
Hello music people,
I decided to star a group because I love to sing and though I still attend RUS groups, I would lie this to be a bit more
Start with the RUS book as song choices (easy)
Branch out to members choices