Road Trips Aotearoa (Wellington) Message Board › Eek!!! Just one week to Easter and no plans

Eek!!! Just one week to Easter and no plans

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi!!

Just wondering if anyone else is looking for something to do over Easter?

I was thinking of a wee road trip, 1-2 nights camping, some brunch, a wee walk / adventure.

One option would be a trip over to Castlepoint, heading off Saturday morning, stopping in Greytown for brunch... go for a bit of a walk, fish, surf (I've got a couple of spare body boards)

.... or if you've got any other ideas, happy to hear them!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Jo
Jaana
user 10542697
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 24
Hi Jo -

check this out if you can't find anything (and if you are keen for a hike): http://www.meetup.com...­

We'll be heading in direction of Hawke's Bay. No real plans of doing it in a larger group yet though. But we could do part of the trip together since you want to go into the same direction?! Just an idea...

Jaana
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks Jaana!

T hanks for your response - sounds like fun! UnfortunatelyI tore my calf muscle last week, which is why I've now got to figure out plan B for Easter! I was supposed to be tramping but the physio has recommended against it!!

If I don't get any interest in Castlepoint I might head towards Taranaki / Oakuni for some surfing. I have a car, so if you were interested in tramping round the mountain instead of Hawkes Bay I could offer a lift :o)
Cheers,

Jo