Agenda (please suggest topics):
11:00AM - Planning Meeting: - Intended for adults as a working session. If you want to help plan our events, please attend the 11AM Planning Meeting. We’ll brainstorm & plan future robotics club events.
12:00 Noon – Begin Regular General Meeting:
*Intended for everyone, kids & adults.
*Business meeting: announcements, upcoming events, etc.
-Review of SheVaCon & Mysticon events
- April & May Meetings New Location: Roanoke County's Hollins Public Library
- Robotics Demos at Salem Schools: Tuesday March 5th, and Tuesday March 27th
- Technology Education Expo, Thursday, March 7th, 10AM to 5PM, at the Transportation Museum, sponsored by VT - Please help staff our club's booth - Flyer posted on Files page of web site
- June Meeting: At Science Museum's Downtown Center in the Square Location (hopefully)
- Robot Parade in June
*Requests for help:
- Where to get parts 3-D printed?
12:30 - Show & Tell - Please bring your projects, parts, gizmos, & news to share
-Open Q&A, and project sharing
1:15 - Main Program: How to Build a Lego Bot for the Upcoming Robot Parade
- I will show how to build & program a Lego bot for the upcoming June Robot Parade... we want everyone to participate in the parade!
- If you have a Lego robot, please bring it and plan to share your experiences & recommendations!
- The Lego robotics kit is the best first autonomous robot kit for most folks who are just getting started
- Since many of us have Lego bots, I hope many of you bring your Lego bots, and show them to everyone! :-)
- Link to one place to buy a Lego NXT Kit: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4544091-Mindstorms-NXT-2-0/dp/B001USHRYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1362019666&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+nxt
2:00 - End of Meeting- You are welcome to stay and talk with folks, if you wish