Austin D.
user 116643312
Roanoke, VA
Post #: 46
I need support. I have had it with this robot i am not making enough to build this Pos! I cant stand the face that i will never get anywhere with this. so far all ive done is designed a rolling bookshelf that falls over and puts dents in my lamenent floor I need someone to help me. The idea of building this THING was to impress others and maybe Proove myself So far all ive done is make something that people look at and say its a death wish. It is a death wish I wanted so much for this. When i joined this group i was looking for connections maybe someone that could help me (timothy) someone with a workshop that didnt mind me stopping by to ask questions. some friends with similar intrests and maybe a group to join and build different stuff with. But with this all ive done is waste alot of money and time just to do something that dropping a bowling ball in my living room would do. First of all i can build anything with scraps If anyone has extra wood they dont use or need or cut wrong and were going to throw out give it to me the same goes for steel and other materials. I want to get this bot done im so sick of looking at it i want it to have a purpose But wth I cant think of one im so broke i cant even afford any stabilization wheels Im so mad right now im sorry. I posted this to get legitimate responses. If i get none it makes me feel as though people dont like me. I am a complainer i know i am so mad that i just spent myall my food and gas money on this pos and it falls over and breaks Im so MAD that my work doesnt pay me enough to live 1-2 hours a week 7.50 an hour! and noone will hire me because im autistic and have no credible experiance. So if anyone is out there with a job for me to do ill do that too! Please i need help i am bringing my bot to the club tomorow and ill show my sphux ups there.
Micah B.
user 73091072
Radford, VA
Post #: 18
Keep going! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the meeting this time, but I've acquired an MPU-6050 and an HMC5883L and I want to get them working together. I'm going to try it with an Arduino Diecimila, which is one of the older ones, so if that works it will be really cool. If I can get it working I will help you with yours.
Tim B.
Tim_Brandsberg
Goode, VA
Post #: 19
I am sorry that I couldn't make it too the meeting yesterday. although I was starting to feel better, my wife came down with the same thing and I didn't want to give it to any one else. I will put my backup 6050 in the mail Monday AM and with it I will send some caster wheels to act as training wheels.

I have a bot that now balances on two wheels, very steadily. The trick was to make the frame stiffer so that it would not shake and bend as it tried to find the right balance. Austin, one thing I can say is that your bot is certainly structurally stiff.

Once I get the code adjusted to work with the sabretooth motor controller it should work for yours. I will be sending the code that I have now out to you and Micah for a starting point. Then I start working on learning how to interface with bluetooth for the controller.

I wish I could have been at yesterday's meeting, but I didn't want to get everyone else sick as well.

Hang in there, we (you, me, Micah, etc.) will get it going.

Tim brandsberg
540-586-9496
Gary Y.
user 38202422
Roanoke, VA
Post #: 40
Stick with it Austin, persistence & patience is what makes the project go. We all have multiple projects half finished, not working, lacking insight to make progress, needing investment to finish them. Please remember it is a club of volunteers and learners, and everyone has personal challenges to overcome as well.
You have selected to start with a very challenging project. It is hard to do, and with its large size, naturally more expensive than a 1 lb plastic hobby bot.
Stick with it, as if it were easy, everyone would be building one. Hope the words of encouragement are helpful.
Austin D.
user 116643312
Roanoke, VA
Post #: 47
thank you all. Im going to start posting on the previous discussion forum soon so keep an eye on my improvement pics but not this week