Rochester Game Nights Message Board › To all members, Annual dues and big annoucement!

To all members, Annual dues and big annoucement!

Zachary W.
zacharyjwelch
Group Organizer
Rochester, NY
Hello everyone! I have lots to cover so bare with me. First off I want to take the time to thank everyone for making this club such a wonderful experience. It really started as a "why the heck not" for some game playing friends that just wanted to meet more people and keep a regular thing going. Now 3 years later it has grown into an amazing group of friends and players who are as wonderful as they are fun loving. I couldn't have asked for a better group of folks to share my love of games with. This club also wouldn't be what it is with out the sacrifice and dedication of its organizers. So super extra special thanks to Peter, Rachel and Will - I just flat out love you guys, thank you so much for all the time you've put in!
Ok, that being said, on to the businessy stuff.  The previous account holder has officially released the club controls to me and I'm now the official organizer. We've been holding off on re-running dues to avoid some back end bankery issues, but all that is squared up now.  I've also changed the way dues are handled going forward which I'll explain below.
But first, the BIG ANNOUCEMENT (well for those that don't already know - which is quite a few... =P) We are now officially sponsored by The Game Gamut!  Stephen Bonzo has graciously offered a membership benefit to all paid active members a 15% discount at his store (THANK YOU STEPHEN!). Because of this, we will be handing out membership cards to all paid members with a member number and your signature to be fair to The Game Gamut and prevent verbal abuse of the benefit. New membership cards are on order and should be arriving this next week or so. How do you get one?? Simple, you pay dues in order to solidify your membership. Then you casually strut on down to a Game Gamut store in either Pittsford or Victor (www.thegamegamut.com­), and whip out your shiny new Rochester Game Nights membership card (after you've gotten it).
For those of you who have been joining us for a while but missed dues from last year, we typically charge an annual dues of only $5.00 which is largely used to cover the actual account costs with meetup ($160/yr) and any excess is used for events, club owned games and other supporting club costs and reimbursements. We have a great group of members and meet very regularly so this is an extremely reasonable fee and we'd like to keep it low so dues are never an issue for new members.
The new method of dues collection is going through WePay, which is directly interfaced with Meetup. Basically everyone is on a 30-day trial and is expected to pay membership dues within that period of time or will be automatically removed from the club. This is a new feature inside meetup, so I hope it's not going to be a headache but it seems to be a reasonable way to handle it. We want new members to join us for a night or two before having to pay, but we also need to enforce payment to be fair to all, and especially fair to paying members who will be using the new Game Gamut discount.
If you do not want to pay online here you can pay through meetups dues feature, or by cash in person at any meetup to either Myself, Will, Peter or Rachel. If you use the link in this email, you can alternately sign up for recurring dues payment and you will be automatically billed each year. You will always be reminded before each charge, and you can cancel your dues at any time.
If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask any of the organizers for details! Thank you to all for a wonderful first few years and I hope the club will continue to grow and stay as fun as it has always been!
Thanks!
Zachary Welch