addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Rochester Sci-Fi / Roleplay Geek Meetup Group Message Board › Village Gate Evicts another Successful business

Village Gate Evicts another Successful business

A former member
Post #: 27
First it was the Bop Shop, now Village Gate is evicting Comics Etc. who are none too happy about it. According to the post on my FB page, they are looking for space = 2500+ sq. feet in eastern Rochester, Brighton, or Irondequoit, the sooner the better. There was alos mention of another small business closing which I am hoping isn't Pair-A-Dice Games. Looks like Village Gate is trying to attract more of the dime-a-dozen upscale eateries and such which tend to come and go on a regular basis as compared to the Bop Shop and Comics Etc. which have been around for decades.angry
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 25
I heard the new owner of Village Gate is looking for a new image, so they are getting rid of stores like Comics Etc and Pair-a-Dice once the contracts are up. Haven't verified this with Pair-a-Dice yet though. Guess we don't fit the image they want at their mall.
A former member
Post #: 30
Well, at least Comics Etc. got new digs across the street and start there in late February if I remember rightsmile...
Don M.
user 54141022
Rochester, NY
Post #: 7
I've heard nothing about Pair-A-Dice moving and I'm on good terms with management there. Comics Etc had run afowl of management over a variety of things from arguements with maintenance personal to paying bills. I wasn't privy to much of it but it wasn't pleasant. Unfortunately a lot of places got cleaned out but things change.
A former member
Post #: 35
Well, Pair O' Dice is fairly new there, but considering the Village Gates' desire for an image make-over, I can see them and other businesses there eventually being evicted as well. If it is the more upscale/yuppie market they are going for...good-bye "nerdy" stuff (comics, gaming), tattoo parlors, second-hand stores, and such.sad
Don M.
user 54141022
Rochester, NY
Post #: 8
Things have changed quit a lot but the "nerdy" elements are part of the chic of the place. Village Gate has become to reliant on eateries (no online competition for that yet) but it's achieving a new flight path of sorts. An antique store will be opening soon so maybe we'll see a bit more balance in the businesses on site. We shall see.
A former member
Post #: 37
In any case, I imagine I will still have a major issue parking if I decide to visit either Comics Etc. or Pair O' Dice on the weekends where the Memorial Art Gallery has their big outdoor events. Twice I got screwed out of visiting Village Gate as the MAG parking attendants took over all nearby parking lots and literally prevented me from entering Village Gate's lot unless I paid their outrageous parking fee. People at Village Gate (namely Comics Etc.) would insist I should still have been able to get in even if I had to force my in...but my luck is the type that would get me arrested for vehicular assault or whatever. I guess if it happens again, I will just to sit there and call someone at whatever store I was planning on visiting to come out and set things right...angry