addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Rochester Sci-Fi / Roleplay Geek Meetup Group Message Board › future meetup events

future meetup events

Dan H.
user 7738990
Group Organizer
Rochester, NY
Hi,

Calling all geeks and gamers looking to get together! We have demand for board gaming, role-playing gaming, and movie/ TV show viewing events and we are in need of hosts and venues.

We currently have a shortage of active organizers, too, so if you're willing and able to volunteer for any of the above, please let me know!

Also, if there's an event that you'd like to see organized, let us know and we'll see what we can do. If there's an rpg you'd like to run, or a movie you'd like to watch, don't be afraid to suggest it. :)

Have a good Easter week!

Thanks,

Dan.
Brendan
user 33909952
Geneva, NY
Post #: 1
I haven't table topped since 2nd Edition and the old World of Darkness. I've made occasional efforts but have always run into a usual set of obstacles. No active local groups, it can be daunting to learn a new system (The Pathfinder rule book is quite dense), and my work schedule. I'd like to pick it up again as I could use the creative outlet. I also have a bit of a drive to get to Rochester which is why I haven't made it to a monthly meeting to introduce myself.
Mike
user 10355438
Webster, NY
Post #: 45
I can infrequently host small groups for movie nights (I can fit 6 people relatively comfortably in my living room, a couple more if people don't mind sitting on the floor and being assaulted by felines) and/or one-off games of the board, card, or roleplaying variety (I can fit 4 comfortably at my table, 6 if we don't mind being cozy.)

I'll put out my feelers to see what people are interested in, make some plans, and try to get a meetup scheduled for sometime next month.