addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Rochester Sci-Fi / Role-playing Geek Meetup Group Message Board › Movies, Movie Nights, and all things Film-Related

Movies, Movie Nights, and all things Film-Related

Mike
user 10355438
Webster, NY
Post #: 49
So I was planning on posting meetups for upcoming sci-fi and fantasy related movies. The last time I tried that, I posted them on opening day/weekend and met with next to no response. It was suggested that if I tried scheduling them a few weeks out from opening night and/or at theaters other than Regal there might be more interest. So now's your chance. If you want to go to the movies with a bunch of like-minded geeks, tell us when and where.

Do you have a favorite theater?

Do you like to wait 2 weeks so you can use those super-saver discount tickets?

Is there a specific night of the week that works best for you?

Let me know, and I'll schedule meetups to fit with the majority of schedules. Keep in mind, you can always suggest a meetup and if at least 3 people want to go, it becomes official. Is there a movie you want to go see? Post it and maybe others want to see it, too.

Also, we've been suggesting another movie night for... well, months. Possibly even years. The last one I remember was the Shaun of the Dead/Dawn of the Dead double-feature at Mindy's. I'm planning on hosting a movie or game night at my (tiny) townhouse within the next month or so for 4-6 people. Anyone else want to host? Any movie suggestions?
A former member
Post #: 40
I usually go to Regal Eastview since it's the closest to where I live, and I prefer Regal as I have a Crown Club card and my special Regal cup ($1 fills and refills, about medium size). Regal also has specials on Monday ($1 on certain candy) and Tuesdays (either free or $1 small popcorn with cheap upgrades). Right now my main limitation is money which prevents me from going more often than I used to. I am hoping to see Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness right now...others if I can swing it.smile

For now I would say -- Regal Eastview, Tuesday nights with attendence dependent on funds and desire to see film unless something else comes up that prevents me from going.