Rochester Sci-Fi / Roleplay Geek Meetup Group Message Board › Zombie/Post-Apocalypse Game

Zombie/Post-Apocalypse Game

Rob
Rob109
Ontario, NY
Post #: 36
I've been wanting to play or maybe run (I prefer to play rather than DM) another Post Apocalypse/Zombie Apocalypse game for awhile now. I'd played in a couple over the years and they were pretty fun.
I was thinking maybe either a Jericho type game could be interesting. Would this sound like a good idea to anybody else?
Frank S.
user 36268472
Rochester, NY
Post #: 49
I've debated about whether to run such a campaign. I do have most of the books for Eden Studio's All Flesh Must Be Eaten which uses Eden's house system ("Unisystem") and some Savage Worlds stuff -- Necropolis and War of the Undead (?) part One. Also have most of the stuff for Twilight Creation's "Zombies" board/tile game. So, I am open to running such a game if enough interest is shown thus I may put this up as a potential event since I am an event organizer after all.smile
Rob
Rob109
Ontario, NY
Post #: 37
I have some of those Zombies boardgame things kicking around somewhere but I haven't touched them in years and used the little plastic zombies as minis in a couple attempts at running a zombie D20 Modern game. :)
Frank S.
user 36268472
Rochester, NY
Post #: 50
I also wonder what kind of zombie campaign players would like -- I have settings for modern day, sci-fi (i.e. outer space mostly), western, pirates, wartime, even pro-wrestling (AFMBE's Zombie Smackdown campaign)! I also like using figs from other games for minis and props. Aside from the Zombies game, I have some GURPS folding cardboard figures -- humans and zombies, including zombie Santa and zombie Elf-helper if I remember rightly.smile
Rob
Rob109
Ontario, NY
Post #: 38
I really liked the zombie game that a friend of mine was running. It ended up being kind of like the movie Battle: Los Angeles meets The Walking Dead. We had a couple PCs that were in the National Guard/Reserves, emergency services, etc. We ended up fighting our way out of a zombie infested Boston and hunkering down in the 'burbs before the game kind of petered out due to players not being able to make it and such.
Frank S.
user 36268472
Rochester, NY
Post #: 51
I take it that the Ravenloft campaign idea fell through. Is everyone still limited to Ontario, NY area? And is it everyone has lots of other activities that draw them away that cause things to die off? Just thought I would ask as I prefer to run campaigns versus one-shots (which this meet-up group seems to prefer).
Rob
Rob109
Ontario, NY
Post #: 39
We just have issues getting everyone together due to conflicting schedules, but yeah everybody that I usually game with is still in the area. I actually liked that particular zombie game so much I turned it into a book. And a sequel.