Rochester Sci-Fi / Roleplay Geek Meetup Group Message Board › Traveller5 2300AD

Traveller5 2300AD

Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 54
It was good meeting with everyone today, sorry I had to leave early. I talked to Sean Patrick, and he said that it would be Ok to stay as late as 6pm next time (Feb. 1st) if you are able to make sure we complete character generation.
If you are interested in how stutterwarp travel works in this campaign, check out the following 2 links:

http://www.freelancet...­

http://www.google.com...­

See you on Monday!!
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 55
note that those rules are not set in stone, still considering whether it takes a half hour to develop the stutterwarp field from drive startup, but I think I like that rule as it adds some realism to the game.
Frank S.
user 36268472
Rochester, NY
Post #: 59
Stutterwarp is a bit hard to wrap your mind around compared to regular Traveller's Jump Drive and more complicated in practice as you have to remember to "empty" out the Stutterwarp engines build up of particles before they explode every so often. 2300 AD stutterwarp distance is also about equal to Jump - 2 in regular Traveller (i.e. each Jump level = 1 parsec or 3.25 light years distance; stutterwarp distance is around 7.?? light years distance).
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 57
We pretty much finished character creation last Saturday. Just have to purchase equipment and flesh out the characters backgrounds and breathe life into them. Next meeting is Feb. 22nd and hopefully we can actually get the ball rolling. I think everyone turned out with a decent character, and I hope everyone is happy with what they have!

Also I didn't collect the characters this time so don't forget to bring them with you next time!!
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 58
By the way, don't going spending all your cash before the next session as I have a couple other books you might want to look at that have some equipment in them that you might be interested in.
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 60
Just a reminder that this Saturday is our next adventure. We will be fleshing character backgrounds and then starting our first adventure...
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 61
The characters have arrived on Beta Canum to finalize a deal with the ASTRONOMISCHEN RECHEN-INSTITUT, a prominent scientific and exploratory foundation, to procure the 40 year old 1100 ton survey star ship known as the Pequod . After meeting at the estate of one of the characters in the French Continent's capital of Premiere, they make their way onto the space elevator to assess the starship as it is being repaired and modified in an orbital dock. On their way to see the ship, they finally board the space elevator known as the Beanstalk only to find out there is a terrorist plot by the organization Earth First to blow the multi-ton Beanstalk capsule, in synchronous orbit over Premiere, off of the space elevator hundreds of miles above the planet. This achieves two goals for the anti colonization terrorist group: 1.) by assassinating the vice president of the Life foundation (a group that facilitates the colonization of new worlds) and a French Diplomat in the capsule and 2.) causing thousands of deaths and billions in damage in the city below as the capsule strikes the city with the force of a small atomic bomb. The characters believe they have some leads on a possible suicide terrorist travelling in the capsule, and they know there is radio transmitter timed to detach the capsule from the beanstalk in 40 hours, but can they stop the terrorists in time and save thousands of lives besides their own??

This Saturday is our next game, please email me a copy of your character sheets. Feel free to add any details to the above summary of our last gaming session. See you soon!!
Sean P.
Vhloche
East Rochester, NY
Post #: 2
I just want to make sure that everyone knows that the game starts at 1 today. I may not be home if you arrive early, so please try to make it closer to 1.
Thanks, Sean
Sean C. J. B.
user 10259477
Rochester, NY
Post #: 68
The campaign has been put temporarily on hold, I will get back to you on when we wlill start up again.