addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sierra Club Rochester ECOs Message Board › EARTH DAY EVENTS & GREEN LIVING FEST 2011: Volunteering Opportunities. W

EARTH DAY EVENTS & GREEN LIVING FEST 2011: Volunteering Opportunities. We need your help!

Italia
Xolita
Group Organizer
Auburn Hills, MI
Hello Rochester ECOS members!

During April & May our group will be participating in several events celebrating Earth Day! This brings us great opportunities to raise awareness regarding our campaigns and empower people to take action to protect our environment. We need your help! Please lend us a hand. We couldn't do it without you!

To sign up to volunteer, send us a message- specifying event, date, shift and table (if more than one is available)- to rochesterecos@gmail.com­ Details will be sent to you as we get closer to the event.

Whole Foods Earth Month Celebration

The Village of Rochester Hills
2918 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills 48309

Saturday, April 30
11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. ==> Michele & Italia
1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. ==> Jim W. & Italia

We're covered, thank you! Come and enjoy the event. Admission is FREE. Stop by our table to say hi to our enthusiastic volunteers.

Local Motion Green's Earth Day Fair
Richard Lot (between Kercheval & Richard Elementary)
Grosse Pointe Farms 48236

Saturday, April 30
10 a.m.- 4 p.m. ==> Doug & Don

Doug (Green Cruise Team) and Don will cover the event. We’re taking our Clean Water Campaign Display! Would you like to help? Come fill in for them for 1 hr. or more so they can visit the other exhibits.

Green Living Festival
Downtown Rochester
3rd & Water Streets, Rochester 48307

Friday, May 13
4 p.m. - 7 p.m. ==> Cathy & Melissa

Saturday, May 14
11 a.m. - 2 p.m. ==> Michelle & Gary G.
2 p.m. - 5 p.m. ==> Jim W. & Gary D.
5 p.m. – 7 p.m. ==> Jim R. & Cathy

Sunday, May 15
11 a.m. - 2 p.m. ==> Hillary & Rob (can stay until 1 p.m.)
2 p.m. - 5 p.m. ==> Italia & Don (1 - 5 p.m.)

Sierra Club will have 2 tables 1 table, one for the general public and one for kids. (Due to lack of volunteers we decided not to run 2 tables) Hope more members can lend us a hand next year! Stop by and enjoy this amazing event. Admission is FREE!

Let me know if you have any questions. To sign up send a message to rochesterecos@gmail.com­

THANK YOU!!!

Italia
Hillary
Hillaryallison
Ferndale, MI
Post #: 22
i said yes to the table events for the green living fest. i will be there anyway. so will my guy. I dont know what time yet.
On another note i see you havent listed the Adopt a stream event as something to attend and sign up for. Today we took the training and will be doing that event on the 7th of May. I wanted to know if you all are still doing that so I can sign us up to work with the Sierra Club group. Otherwise Jason (CRWC) said he'd place us where ever.
Please post it so I can get back to him on that plan.
I hope to see all of you at that event and I plan to be at monthly meeting but unsure if possible.laughing
Italia
Xolita
Group Organizer
Auburn Hills, MI
Post #: 1,771
Hillary, you need to provide me with a specific date/time (shifts are posted above) in order for me to sign you up for volunteering at the Green Living Festival. Also, since not all of our group members are signed up for Adopt-A-Stream or have received the program training, I will be sending individual emails for the Spring monitoring. You'll be included. Thanks!