addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Rock Band Message Board › Guitar Hero franchise comes to a close

Guitar Hero franchise comes to a close

Dennis
user 9304368
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 11
Big news from Activision the other day that "due to continued declines in the music genre" they have decided to end the Guitar Hero franchise(and subsequently the DJ Hero franchise too). In addition there will be no more new DLC other than what has been already announced.

http://www.djhero.com...­

While I've personally preferred Rock Band to Guitar Hero, it's a shame to see this happen. The existing games will still obviously work and can be played forever, but it's definitely sad to see this genre come to this so fast, at least having both series around gave everyone options. It's really up to Rock Band to keep it going now, and while they are doing a phenomenal job, I just hope they can keep it going for years to come.
Rachel
user 8871940
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 2
Whoa. That's big news. I hadn't heard.