The Central Maryland Rock and Mineral Collectors Exchange Message Board › Special Meeting notice for CMR&MRE Meetup members.

Special Meeting notice for CMR&MRE Meetup members.

Wayne H.
skipres
Group Organizer
Elkridge, MD
I've had a great conversation with Bill Gangi of Gangi Gems and Minerals in Arizona - (http://www.gangigems....­, about putting together a field trip to Arizona next April. This will be a Rockhounder's dream trip. We will visit a dozen or so mines to dig through the - mine dumps (no mine entries). These dumps have incredible rough to pick up for FREE! There are also several dry river "washes" that have gold nuggets in them (I have seen the pieces brought back from these riverbeds). We can discuss this when we have our first Exchange Meetup.

Secondly, there is a Chesapeake Gem and Mineral Society meeting this Friday Night November 10th, at 7pm. It is open to the public (and free!) and I recommend that everyone in our meetup go to this meeting (see http://chesapeake.roc...­ for directions). Bring a few pieces of rough (small) that you might need help with identification (this group has some great experts that love to talk rocks). I will introduce myself at the meeting to everyone at the meeting so you will know who I am. Please introduce yourself to me so I know who you are and we can talk about how to get our Exchange Meetup started.

It's time to get together - everyone that has joined has told me that they have rough to identify, rough that they would like to know what to do with, and extra rough that they would like to exchange for other rough. I might be able to do a meetup NEXT THURSDAY NIGHT - just for us, if there is enough interest (please let me know if you are interested),

I know you will enjoy this group and they have great speakers. Come out and have some fun!

See you there,
Wayne Homens
The Central Maryland Rock and Mineral Collectors Exchange
410-419-2963 (mobile)

p.s. I have about 200lbs (total weight - not all in 1 piece) of really cool rough from all over the country. I would like to exchange some for some other cool rough, so this will be your chance to get some new stuff, get rid of your excess, and I'll show you some new ideas on what to do with the stuff that you have. I will have some equipment set up to show you some of the ideas. BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW EITHER WAY. Thanks.