Rocklin/Roseville/Sacramento area Vegetarians/Vegans Message Board › I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

A former member
Post #: 10
I ate lunch at Thai Chili today in Rocklin, ordered my typical vegan-ized dish and I found a piece of chicken in it. When I brought this to our waitress' attention, she told me she had recognized the error on the kitchen's part before she delivered the dish and had told them to pick out the chicken. When I told her that picking out the meat did not make a dish vegetarian, I was informed, and this is a quote: "That is how she cooks, I don't what else you want me to do." and then she went on to let me know I was more than welcomed to take it up with her myself. (I didn't because I was already late getting back to work and I was with some colleagues).

Sooooo, diners beware: Thai Chili is not vegetarian friendly.
Laura R.
LauraRider
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 5
Wow, thanks Tammy! What a bad experience for you and not so smart of them. I wont go back after hearing that! Did they charge you for it?

We need to go to Thai Orchid in Lincoln, its better anyway.

Thanks for sharing this!

Laura
A former member
Post #: 11
yeah, they charged me for it. Horrible experience - I am so sad. I can't wait to check out Thai Orchid as well as the Thai restaurant in Auburn!
Amy
user 4362027
Roseville, CA
Post #: 90
Ohmigod that SUCKS. I did get a piece of chicken once, but since I was with two meat eaters I didn't want to make a big deal of it since you know what meat eaters think of us sometimes. Although having the piece of chicken in there sucks, I can understand the mistake, as that happens now and then. However the ATTITUDE is not ok!!!!!! I am going to have to say something. "What do you want me to do"? Um, remake the dish!!
Laura R.
LauraRider
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 6
I have had that happen too, a few times in different places but people are always so apologetic and remake it. I am not liking that attitude! I understand not wanting to make a big deal especially if its business people with you but how disappointing!

Do you guys think we should meetup at Thai Orchid next or should I do something different?

I would love for you to try Thai Orchid Tammy and we all need to try the Auburn one that Amy is raving about!
A former member
Post #: 12
In regards to Thai Chili: they have since gone above and beyond to be apologetic and therefore, I have withdrawn my negative review because I feel that my truly negative experience that day was not a genuine representation of how Thai Chili treats their customers. Apparently, they have fired the server that I dealt with that day.

Thai Orchid works for me!
Amy
user 4362027
Roseville, CA
Post #: 92
Laura and Tammy:

I am down to go to any and all three. I'm not super excited about what happened to Tammy, but of course these things happen and they appear to be very apologetic.

If you guys want to go to the Auburn Thai Garden, I suggest making a reservation, they get really busy!