Food will arrive at 5:10pm and the meeting will start promptly at 6pm.
Cisco Users’ Group presentation:
Using Expert Systems to Simplify Quality of Service
Quality of Service is a critical component of an effective Unified Communications architecture.
This discussion will help to:
- Improve understanding of QoS and the need for it in converged IP networks
- Formulate a best practice approach to implementing effective QoS policy
- Leverage Cisco’s PfR using new Expert QoS systems
- Highlight latest developments in managing Voice and Video, including Cisco Medianet
- Highlight new Cisco AVC (Application Visibility & Control)
- Provide insight into QoS relative to WAN Optimization
- Examine new techniques for LAN Visualization and L2 QoS monitoring
ActionPacked Networks is the commercial arm of the Advanced Network Systems Division of Referentia
Systems Incorporated (RSI). Established in 1996, RSI specializes in research, development, global
deployment and support of:
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) Systems
- Advanced Technology Solutions
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
The LiveAction ExpertQoS solution from ActionPacked Networks was originally developed for use by the
U.S. Department of Defense. It was made available to the Commercial marketplace in 2009.
About the Presenter:
Keith Parsons has 30+ years of experience in the network management arena. He specializes in
developing and bringing leading-edge solutions to market that address challenges faced by Network
Design and Operation teams. Keith’s work has provided him with the privilege of working with people in
45 different countries over his career.
Keith started his career with Lockheed Aeronautical Systems as a Network Design Engineer building
classified networks. He joined Network General in 1992 and helped to found Sniffer University. During his
time as a Technical Instructor and Network Consultant, he trained thousands of professionals in a variety
of networking technologies and advanced protocols. In 1998, Keith moved into a strategic role as Global
Technical Marketing Manager for Network General, working in both the U.S. and Europe. And in 2004, he
became Director of Sales Engineering in Asia.
Since 2005 Keith has been based in the U.S., with a focus on developing NetFlow monitoring & analysis
solutions, and was instrumental in bringing two NetFlow products to market. In 2009, he was recruited by
ActionPacked Networks to refine the vision for its revolutionary Flow Visualization and QoS Management
solution set called LiveAction.
Being a proud part of the Parsons’ family NASCAR heritage, Keith’s propensity to improve performance
also extends to both car and motorcycle racing.