Rondout Valley Permaculture Message Board Rondout Valley Permaculture Discussion Forum › Natural Building Workshops

Natural Building Workshops

A former member
Post #: 8
Hello there everyone,

My name is Thomas Heikes and I am writing to inform you all of few natural building workshops that we are hosting at our property, and one other workshop that is nearby. We live on a small farm outside of Berne, NY (just to the west of Albany) where we grow most of our own food and live a quite sustainable and organic life, but mostly we grow medicinal herbs for medicinal products. This summer we are expanding our operation and will be constructing an earth bag and straw bale building and finish it with plaster in the form of workshops for the public. The workshops are being carried out by a non-profit natural building organization though an educational training workshop, and we are still searching for our participants. And through this non profit, there is also another workshop being held in July, an Off-Grid House. You can also check out the workshops on the non-profit’s website: www.motherearthbuildings.com.

Working with natural building materials is a really liberating and invigorating experience. As it unveils we can grasp the practicality and intelligence of "scaling back", saving a ton of money, and living in much greater harmony with the earth and our particular environment. I really hope to see you at our workshop. Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

Be well and remember to stop and smell the flowers today.

Thomas Heikes