Root Simple Message Board › vermicomposting/worm bins/compost

vermicomposting/worm bins/compost

Carol
user 10939926
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 12
Anyone that lives/works close to LAX and would like to come look at my worm bin and offer opinion/advice is gladly welcomed and needed! Worms are hearty but I need guidance. During the past two years, I've researched, read, watched video and repeated this scenario many times. I don't retain information too well and feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I'd be happy to barter for said advice. ;) worms, compost, labor or ??? garden is too young to offer veggies yet, but soon...

Much thanks for your consideration. We live in Westchester.
Mike D.
user 8971869
Culver City, CA
Post #: 1
Hey! My wife & I live in Westchester too & I have vermicomposting questions as well. My worm bin appears to be thriving, but I don't know how to properly harvest the castings. I researchd on various websites & watched Youtube videos but they seem to conflict in their advice. I tried sorting by hand and I took FOREVER. There's got to be a simpler way! If anyone has experience in this area let me know! I have quite a few heirloom tomatoes to share!
Carol
user 10939926
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 13
I've tried a few different methods but just found this one. http://www.youtube.co...­
If you prefer to not open link, it's titled " How To Harvest Worm Castings " and jefterwil uploaded it.

I may try it, hoping the piles make it easier. Do you have homemade or commercial bins?