First of all welcome to all the new members! Sorry I haven’t welcomed you personally and I apologize for my lack of attendance. I’ve been traveling a lot for work. Got home Friday and picked up a bug on the plane from China so I have Bronchitis now but I’m on meds and should be good to go in a few days. Thanks to all the co-organizers Amy, Damin, Vince, Carina and Tom for getting all the Meetups going out there. Good attendance considering the weather. Tom posted a ski day on Monday that I couldn’t make but let’s do some while the snow is fresh!
If anyone is interested in helping put together a training program like the one below that I shamelessly cut and pasted from Fleet Feet’s Facebook post let’s do it. I wouldn’t have but they are full so…
Come to Fleet Feet Sports - Fair Oaks and Roseville's Shamrock'n Half Marathon 13.1 Training Program. This program is designed to help both new and experienced walkers and runners reach their half marathon goals in a positive and fun group environment.
The Shamrock'n Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, March 17th, 2013 and is our target race for this program.
Shamrock'n Training Program Details
• Starts January 6th and runs thru March 17th - Shamrock Half
• A complete 10 week training program with detailed workouts
• 3 weekly groups workouts (Tuesday, Thursday, & Sunday)
• Limited to 90 participants
• To ensure effective coaching, this program is offered to runners and run/walkers who are able to keep a pace of 13 minutes per mile or faster for 3+ miles.
• $100 Program Fee
• Registration into the Shamrock'n Half is not included with program fee
Shamrock'n Training Program Participants Receive
• Expert Coaching and pace mentors/leaders
• Electrolyte Replacement Drink at each workout
• Custom technical team shirt
• Special end of program gift - must complete training & race to receive
• E-mail support from your coaching staff
• Personalized workout plans
• Weekly discussions on fitness, injury prevention, and nutrition
• Helpful tips and advice on nutrition and race strategy
• Lots of Encouragement and Motivation!
• Three organized workouts/runs per week - Tues/Thurs/Sunday
There are no refunds, exchanges or transfers at any time for any reason.
Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
Workouts will begin at 6pm on Tuesday/Thursday and 8am on Sundays in old Folsom!
Program is now FULL.