Royal Borough of Greenwich LGBTQ Meetup Group Message Board › Meet up ideas and brainwaves

Meet up ideas and brainwaves

Rosie
user 18551611
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hello everyone,

Please feel free to suggest meetup locations and group activities here.

Best wishes,

Rosie
Steve
user 96123502
London, GB
I'll kick this off. How about bowling? There are venues in Lewisham and Bexleyheath.
Steve
user 96123502
London, GB
Post #: 2
Here's another one (probably best when we get better weather!) A walk from Southwark Cathedral to Westminster Bridge. We can stop off at Borough Market, view The Golden Hind, the old prison (that gave its name to the term 'the clink'), The Globe, Tate Modern, the wobbly bridge, the old GLC building etc. Then cross Westminster Bridge for a look at Parliament and up Whitehall where there are quite a few pubs. Perhaps winding up at The Retro Bar, a fantastic LGBT pub near the banks of the Thames.
A former member
Hi all,

Really like both those ideas Steve, I'd be interested in either. A theatre visit would be good as well. There's a few bits on at the Albany, Deptford or Greenwich Theatre or if we fancied going a little bit further afield my favourite theatre, Soho. They've got some really amazing things on there over the next few months. Depends what sort of theatre people like though!
A former member
Hi, all,
I've already suggested these to Rosie, before the discussion page appeared: Greenwich Theatre have started doing Preview prices for some of their shows. For example, "Avenue Q" the musical (adult version of Sesame Street) is available for £11.00 on 23rd and 24th April (after that, tickets go up to £26.50). I'm going with my lodger and his mum on Thursday 24th (Row J) if the group or any individual members want to come along (phone theatre and book own tickets) - we could meet in Ye Olde Rose & Crown beforehand, or in the theatre bar. There's is also "Rent in Concert" at Woolwich Grand Theatre, Wellington Street on Sunday 6th April (tickets not yet available, however) to raise money for an AIDS charity. Both start at 7.30 p.m.