By suggestion of Rene, I'm adding this cool event to our calendar. Since it happens on the same weekend as our planned trip to the DIA, I may not make it to both. But this event seems too cool not to share.
The German-style Winter Market will take place in Shain Park, just in front of the Birmingham City Hall.
Here's what their website says we can look forward to:
- Traditional holiday art
- Decorations and crafts
- Holiday greens
- Gifts and home accessories
- Traditional German Food and Drink on the Community House patio
- Live entertainment by local musicians and school groups
- Roaming Winter Princesses
- Hot drinks
- Ice Sculptures
- Santa House
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
- Live Reindeer and more!
More information about this event here: http://www.enjoybirmingham.com/event-winter-markt-2