Sep 3, 2014 · 6:30 PM
"Ladies only", sorry guys. Must be able to ride at least 14 mph. Ride announced each week, and distance will vary between 20-40 miles in various areas. We are friendly and welcoming but please come ready to workout and challenge yourself. Wheels rolling at 6:30pm
Ride Leader: Debra or Laura
Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5538565 Upper to Terwilliger to Westwood Dr. to Fairmount... Roughly 10 miles with 1000 ft elevation gain..
Fuel for the Ride: Rides are likely to last 2-3 hours. Be sure to bring both water and snacks.
Weather Policy: This ride will only cancel for heavy rain, snow, ice and other conditions we do not like. Light showers are no big deal. Cancellations will be posted no later than 11:00 AM on the day of the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. This is a requirement for all NW Butts on Bikes rides. This is one of the basic (and simple) ways we protect ourselves from injury. Please don't forget your helmet!
• Bring a right-size spare tube. If you get a flat, we can probably help, but you need to supply the tube!
• Your bike must be in good working order. If you're not sure, stop by a local bike shop and ask a mechanic to look it over for safety and basic ride-ability
• Cell phone - never go on a ride without one!
• No ear buds please
• Winter riding gear! We will be biking in the elements. Be sure to get the gear required to stay warm and dry. Extremities are especially vulnerable (head, hands, feet). Latex gloves for under or over your gloves... fingers warm up quickly & light to carry.
• Sun/riding glasses (protection yourself from the sun and little flying bugs that can wreck your vision in an instant!)
• Water: Bring some!
• Days are getting shorter bring a light...
Pace and Terrain: See above
Ride Difficulty Scale For Road Rides: B / 5