Ruby, Rails and Open Source Discussion.
The March meeting presentation will be given by Joe Smith.
This will be our first non-Ruby/Rails specific presentation. Instead, we are going to get an introduction to Clojure.
Joe plans to cover the following:
Clojure, Lisp, and Functional Programming
• Lisp, Reloaded (A Lisp Dialect)
• Hosted on the JVM*
• A Functional Programming Language
• Designed for Concurrency
and some of its major features:
• Immutable, Persistent Data-structures
• Lazy Evaluation using Lazy Sequences
• Interfaces/Protocols, Multimethods (AOP)
• Software Transactional Memory (STM)
• Powerful Macro System (Meta-programming)