San Antonio Board Gamers Message Board › Netrunner League

Netrunner League

Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 17
Dragon's Lair will be getting in the League Night kits for Netrunner soon. I was just wondering if anyone has any interest in meeting at Dragon's Lair on a non-Monday night for a less crowded and more focused night of gaming. I know Monday would be the easiest since we are already there, but I figured it would be worth at least pitching this idea.
Robert R.
r3gamer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 71
I'd be up for it (eventhough i have yet to play my first game)... But i probably won't be back for a few more weeks. I vote for Thursday's.
Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 18
At Gamelot?
Robert R.
r3gamer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 72
No. DL would be better for me. I think their late nights are still Mondays and Fridays? Anyway, just set something up, and I'll try to make it.
Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 19
I agree that having it at dragons lair is the way to go, since they are the ones getting the league kit. However I would suggest against having a second event running concurrent with our normal Thursday night event. This puts us at a point where a third night or afternoon is required; Tuesday/Wednesday night, or Saturday/Sunday afternoon. I am open to any suggestions for which day they prefer, unless we want to run it during Monday night gaming.
stoneart69
user 10798616
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 209
I agree that having it at dragons lair is the way to go, since they are the ones getting the league kit. However I would suggest against having a second event running concurrent with our normal Thursday night event. This puts us at a point where a third night or afternoon is required; Tuesday/Wednesday night, or Saturday/Sunday afternoon. I am open to any suggestions for which day they prefer, unless we want to run it during Monday night gaming.

I would encourage Tuesday Nights because of the extended hours at DL.
Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 20
Several people have mentioned Tuesdays being good for them, so I will see how busy Dragon's Lair gets on Tuesdays. We will probably end up billing it as a general LCG night so we can have a single event each week for all the games. I know other people are buying LCG expansions from the store, so I am hoping a successful event can lure them out of hiding.

If any is opposed to Tuesdays or would greatly prefer a different day, let me know.
Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 21
I tried to text or geekmail everyone I knew who played Netrunner, Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings to see if Tuesdays at 7 are good for them. I'll update once I receive some feedback.

I'm not expecting to start it as a weekly event until after the holidays, because I know everyone is busy.
Jared K.
KiloEcho
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
I'd love it but Tuesday I cannot do.
My only available time would be Saturdays.
Scott A.
ScottAwesome
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 33
Dragon's Lair got in TWO game night kits for all 6 LCGs, and X-Wing.

Karl wanted to know how we wanted to handle the LCG stuff. He was thinking of picking a Tuesday night and having a tournament, but I think Saturday works best for most people. Or, we could come up with league rules and do it that way.

With how many people we have playing netrunner, tournaments would probably be best, but the other games have small enough groups that a league might be more enjoyable. Thoughts?