San Antonio Board Gamers Message Board › chimeracon

chimeracon

Closed to new replies

stoneart69
user 10798616
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 234
http://www.chimaeraco...­

Chimaeracon is a South Texas festival for Gamers, Sci-Fi enthusiasts and Anime fans. Come and enjoy video games, miniatures, card games, RPGs, live action role play and much more. Join discussion panels, participate in the costume contest, and hang out with people interested in Gaming, Sci-Fi and Anime.

April 5-7 2013
Courtyard by Marriott
11605 State Highway 151
San Antonio Texas 78251
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 10
Everyone should come! I volunteer at this and would love to see everyone there and spend the nights gaming with me. :)
Jared K.
KiloEcho
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
I'll be there and I am hoping to throw down some Netrunner LCG, Star Wars LCG and X-Wing Miniatures.
I'll also have Rise, Infiltration, Iconica in the bag.
Likely will have 7thSea CCG and Star Trek CCG 2nd Ed. decks with me, for nostalgia.
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 12
We're looking for volunteers. Free admission if you want to volunteer, and volunteering can include demoing games in your own collection *cough* Ben *cough*.
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 14
Ok folks, we're finalizing the schedule and we need people to GM a variety of different board games. The Wil Wheaton Tabletop list is an example of games, but really anything you want to bring and play as a Game Master would be acceptable. GMs demo games for 8 hours (doesn't have to be consecutively - most likely sign up for 2 hour blocks) and the rest of the con you get into free. The Con hours are 5 pm to 2 AM Friday, 8 am to 2 am Saturday, and 8 am to 6 pm Sunday. The dates are April 5-7. It is being held at the Courtyard by Marriott on 151 out west.

We're also still accepting volunteers. Volunteers do 8 hours of duty as well and the rest of the con is free. Volunteering can be doing everything from assisting with setup on Friday to breakdown on Sunday, to doing Security, to being a guest or GM liaison. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP, in either of these things.

Thanks!
stoneart69
user 10798616
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 253
interested
Jared K.
KiloEcho
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 6
I would be interested in demoing Netrunner LCG & ARC the card game (www.timetravelgame.com)
I'm hoping to play some Netrunner LCG, star wars LCG, game of thrones LCG, and maybe x-wing wing minis
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 15
Great! Please both go register for an account on ChimaeraCon.com if you haven't already. Once you've done that, you can register events. Basically, pick your ideal time slots of each event you want to schedule. Mike, do you know what you want to do, volunteer or GM?

Let me know when you are done with the registration process, so I can check in with the schedulers. :)
Robert R.
r3gamer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 86
Hmmm....tempting. Only because it forces me to make time for gaming. :)
stoneart69
user 10798616
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 254
I am registered for Friday and Saturday night x-wing, come play.