addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Antonio Board Gamers Message Board › Need Volunteers to Run Game Library! (ChimaeraCon)

Need Volunteers to Run Game Library! (ChimaeraCon)

Closed to new replies

Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 18
Hey guys!

We got word that Wonko's is donating their game library for usage at ChimaeraCon and we are in need of volunteers to run games from the library during the Con. Lots of board gaming to happen! So please, if you are interested in free passes into the Con and playing board games, let me know!

Staci
A former member
Post #: 3
What are the shifts going to look like?
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 19
2 4 hour shifts. The con is open 5 pm to 2 am Friday night, 8 am to 2 am Saturday, and 8 am to 6 pm sunday, so you can pretty much choose the shifts you'd want to take.
A former member
Post #: 4
Well I have a room there and plan on spending the night there Friday, I will probably be getting my drink on (I have 6 months dry to make up for) so Friday is out. I'll probably sleep in Saturday but I might be willing to take one afternoonish on Saturday..
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 20
If you can take 1 4 hour shift, you get your ticket at half price. There's a volunteer meeting on the 24th at the hotel at 1 pm. Email volunteer@chimaeracon.com to let Elizabeth know you can take a shift.

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm not going to be able to make the 24th, I won't be back in the states until the 1st of April.
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 21
Ok that won't be a problem. I'm handling volunteers on site. Are you on Facebook? Want to coordinate to schedule you for time slots.

Anyone else at all interested? It's basically sitting around playing games with other board gamers for eight hours and you get to spend the rest of the time at the con for free. It's a great deal!
A former member
Post #: 6
I emailed Elizabeth like you said and she's going to let me know what's needed after the meeting.
Stephanie N.
Dragnsteph
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
Could you let me know what shifts are available as well? I work Friday and Saturday, but could possibly take a shift or two on Saturday evening or sometime on Sunday - been dealing with some health issues lately but if my energy level allows I'd be interested in sitting around all day playing games for a change :)
Staci K.
Rosethornii
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 22
Right now, every shift is available since this was a late addition to our volunteer needs. So if you have specific times you'd like to claim, just let me know. Also, email Elizabeth (volunteer@chimaeracon.com) and let her know I'm sending you.

Staci