PLEASE NOTE: EUROPEAN EXPLORER'S 12 SPOTS ARE SOLD OUT FOR SHARED ROOM INVENTORY. The RSVP list is now closed. If you are still interested in joining, please email us at [masked]. It may be possible to still join, but surcharges for a single supplement and transportation will be applied and are calculated at the time of booking.
Lets go to Europe with a fun group of South Asian Professionals!
Europe has so much to offer in such a small area that rather than spend time in one country, some people want to see more; this is the perfect multi-country trip. Come with us on an adventure across Western Europe as we see some of the most beautiful historic monuments and most cultural cities on the continent. From the once bustling canals of Amsterdam, to the incredible collection of art at the Vatican Museum in Rome, we’ll stop along the way to see some of the sights you have always wanted to see, and some that will surprise you! Just like any tour we’ll be on the move regularly, but rest assured, we’ll be traveling comfortably and staying in some nice places with impeccable location. Check out the itinerary below for details of the tour!
Day 1 - Amsterdam, Holland, The Netherlands - Saturday, June 14th
Arrive in Amsterdam on morning flight. The afternoon is free to walk around this beautiful city, or if you weren’t able to sleep on the night flight, to get adjusted to the time zone. In the evening we will cruise on a canal boat for our first group meet & greet and see the canals - welcome drink included!
Day 2 - Amsterdam, Holland, The Netherlands - Sunday, June 15th
In the morning, our Enrouta trip representative will be conduct a walking tour of the city's main sights. Or you many choose to take an open top bus or bike tour of Amsterdam. In the afternoon you’ll have options to either check out the famous Rijksmuseum, an attraction like the Heineken museum or a Windmill bike tour of the countryside. In the evening we’ll grab dinner in the city, take a walk through the famous squares and even the red light district (for those up for it!). We’ll end by checking out a kroeg (pub) or two.
Day 3 - Brussels, Belgium and Paris, France - Monday, June 16th
In the morning we’ll board an early high speed train to Brussels. After arriving, we’ll take a city tour and end at the Grand Place, often rated the most beautiful square in Europe. Here we’ll eat lunch - why not the classic moules, chips and beer? If you’re veggie, there’s plenty of other choices not to mention Belgium still has the highest density of small chocolate, cheese and beer producers in the world! In the afternoon, we’ll continue our train journey to Paris. Once we’ve settled into our hotel, we’ll take a walk along the Seine River to the Eiffel Tower followed by a traditional Parisian dinner.
OPTION: For those who would like to goto the Louvre, you have the option to go straight from Amsterdam to Paris in the morning. This will give you the ability to comfortably see many parts of the museum in the afternoon. The Louvre is not open on Tuesdays, so this will be the day to visit!
Day 4 - Paris, France - Tuesday, June 17th
Today we’ll start with a half day walking tour of Paris, which will include a visit to Notre Dame, up the Champs de Ellysees to Arc de Triumph. In the afternoon you’ll have the opportunity to visit one of the many large museum in Paris, or visit a garden of your choice. In the early evening, we’ll congregate at Sacre Coeur, the highest point in Paris, to see the sunset. In the evening, we’ll have dinner as a group, and then explore Paris’ night life in Batiste.
Day 5 - Rome, Italy - Wednesday, June 18th
After an early morning flight from Paris, we’ll check into our hotel in Rome. After a late lunch, we will visit the major Roman Empire ruins, including the Coliseum and Pantheon. This evening we will take a walk through the lanes and squares of Rome to visit the famous fountains while stopping for drinks and snacks enroute. We’ll end at the most famous fountain of them all - Trevi Fountain.
Day 6 - Rome & Florence, Italy - Thursday, June 19th
This morning the trip representative will lead a walk to the Vatican, where you may also view Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel, or explore a bit of Rome on your own. We will take an afternoon train to Florence. This evening will begin with a walk from Ponte Vechio up to Piaza Michalangelo for sunset, and we’ll end the day with dinner at Piazza Santo Spirito.
Day 7 - Florence, Italy - Friday, June 20th
For the first half of the day you’ll have a choice of exploring either the famous art treasures of Florence, including Michelangelo’s David at your leisure, or take a bike tour through the Tuscan country side. If wine happens to be your thing, we can also arrange a day excursion to Chianti for wine tasting. After our activities, there will be time to check out the Duomo and have a fun night out in Florence.
Day 8 - Venice, Italy- Saturday, June 21st
We’ll start early in the morning and arrive in Venice by lunch, we’ll take a leisurely walk through the famous city, which will include seeing the Rialto Bridge and St. Marco Square. In the evening we can take a Gondola ride through the historic canals.
Day 9 - Back home or continue tour to Athens, Greece - Sunday ,June 22nd
Relaxed (or not), its time to say goodbye to the group and go home! Most flights will leave for North America in the morning. UK residents will have the option to return in the afternoon. For people continuing on to the Greek Explorer tour, there is a late morning or early evening flight which you can catch to Athens. For people that would like to see Venice in a bit more detail – its possible to extend one more night.
• Our trip framework consists of creating distinct optional blocks of activities throughout the day. Instead of a wakeup to sleep fully inclusive tour, our trips allow individuals to choose their activity and pace. The cities we visit have an expansive amount of historical and cultural sites - so whether you want to spend a day at the Louvre or check off the top 10 sites in Paris or just spend an afternoon shopping the Left Bank art stalls, you’ll be able to do what you want and still be connected to a great group for meals and activities.
• Many sights in Europe now regularly run “Full” meaning very long queues or no tickets. Enrouta will pre-book any such attractions such as the Uffuzi in Florence or the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
• This trip can be combined with the Greek Explorer Tour operated the following week.
• A majority of group members are single South Asian professionals. Anyone however is welcome. This trip is not suitable for children.
• Accommodation is based on two same gender adults sharing a room. All rooms will have 2 beds and there is always a maximum of 2 people per room. Single travelers are not responsible for finding a sharer and will not pay any surcharge for booking as a single individual.
• Enrouta Quick Guides are provided to comfortably visit and see the city sights during the day on your own or in a small group, rather than using the services of a professional guide. Guides may be provided in each town as an optional excursion.
• Enrouta will provide a listing of recommended vegetarian eateries in each city. If you’re diet is more restrictive than vegetarian, please let us know at the time of booking.
Tour Cost: £1,120
Flight Surcharge After April 11th, 2014: TBD
• Accommodation based on room share (guaranteed)
• Accommodation will be 3 Star hotels
• All hotels will be city central with access to transport.
• Intercity transport
• Full time Enrouta Experience Officer onsite
• Excursion and Dinner co-ordination
• Enrouta Quick Guide for Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Venice, Florence, Rome
• Detailed trip plan with timing & directions for all transfers, trains.
• Continental breakfast on most days
• Daily happy hour meetup schedule
• Central Group Message & Coordination Site (Device must be connected to Wifi/data)
• Initial and final airport transfer
• The cost of any optional tours
• All meals, except some breakfasts
• International Flights
• Trip duration tour guide. This trip is structured so sightseeing is primarily at your own pace and discretion. With so many options for art, museums, shopping, history, culture, food and architecture this format allows everyone in the group to follow their own interests while being able to socialize together during meals and evenings.
A. Single Supplement: TBD
B. Book your own bed (BYOB): Please contact us
BYOB (Book your own bed) gives groups of 3 or more the flexibility to book their own accommodation - either apartments or hotels. At the same time this allows you to be fully part of the group and includes all intercity transport, services of the trip coordinator and joint excursion planning. Enrouta does however need to approve the location of the property to ensure its distance from the Group Hotel does not impact the quality of the trip.
For more information please contact us at [masked], or if you’d like to talk to us on the phone, you can reach us at 0 (207)[masked].
This trip is being carried out in conjunction with other SAEC Chapters around the world. The tour is being operated by Enrouta.
A list of other attendees can be found on the facebook event page: