March 2, 2013 · 2:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
You would learn how to:
- See and work with the direction, quality and color of light.
- Understand and use a digital light meter.
- Properly and creatively mix strobe light with ambient light.
- Prepare your images for quality and creative post production.
- Work with a model to capture his or her best angles.
- Make informed decisions with lens, aperture and shutter speed to achieve your creative vision.
Lecture - On location lighting, understanding light, using the light meter, mixing strobes with flash, operating strobe lights, making lens choices. Equipment choice-advantages and disadvantages, small flash to studio strobes. What is the best equipment set-up to bring if you need to work by yourself.
Art Direction - A brief on the creative intent of the shoot, and the variations that the participants can explore.
Photo shoot of the model. We will be in groups of 5 who will be provided with remote triggers each. Plus feedbacks during model’s wardrobe change.
Just bring your cameras, lenses and creativity and we will provide the art direction, studio strobes, light meter, parabolic umbrellas, battery packs and remote triggers. You will receive a course syllabus to write your notes on, bring a pen.