SAS MeetUp of DC-VA Message Board › Principal Healthcare Business Analyst opportunity - UnitedHealth Group
In this exciting role, you will work in a small clinical analytics-oriented infrastructure team in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment and assume other responsibilities in the team as needed (e.g., quality assurance, project coordination, applications development). You will interact with customer analysts, statisticians and actuaries to understand business needs and apply that understanding to data warehouse development and enhancements.
This position is located in downtown Washington, DC.
- Work with technical staff to code changes; drive delivery by the coding staff to meet business requirements
- Participate in JAD Sessions and other formal and informal discovery sessions with users and customer IT personnel to identify requirements and develop design specifications for data warehouse projects and corresponding applications
- Participate in change control, problem management, and communication among associated team members
- Provide implementation recommendations, work plans, and estimated hours and time frame estimates
- Establish and operate data intake mechanism for external data file submission. Develop file formats and work with external partners to test and validate files and address quality and technical issues
- Test data to detect patterns that would drive changes in the data model
- Analyze data quality issues and develop recommendations to address based on relevance to business use of data element
- Advise Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) staff on data transformations
- Recommend enhancements to data and metadata that would improve the data warehouse for business users
- Document all phases of work including gathering requirements, joint relationship diagrams, database diagrams, and other program technical specifications
- Develop training for users
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of System Analysis/Development experience with understanding of data gathering/analysis
- 5+ years of experience writing technical documentation and gathering and writing requirements from business stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of health care claims data, HMO encounter data, or health care provider data
- As a condition of continued employment, already has or is able to obtain Federal certification for Position of Public Trust
- Experience with data warehouse/business intelligence solutions
- Experience with SAS, SAS Base, and SAS datasets
- Experience with SQL in a relational database environment
- Experience working on Federal government contracts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
For more details contact me at email@example.com!