Let's Play Bunco! Strictly speaking, Bunco is a game of dice, played in rounds. Players take turns rolling the dice and trying to accumulate as many points as possible to win each round. Players score points by rolling three dice and trying to match the number they're supposed to roll for that round--three of a kind is a "Bunco." Prizes are awarded for the most Bunco's, most wins and most losses at the end of the game.
Now the real truth is . . .
Bunco is a social event. It's a party. We will have a full potluck meal with entrees, appetizers, desserts and a little somein' somein' to drink. So it's not the mindless dice game it appears to be after all! Don't worry about how it's played--that can be taught in about 90 seconds--just come and enjoy.
This month the Potluck theme is Italian Food. Please bring an appetizer, entree, or a dessert)! Be creative, add some spices, try substituting some ingredients with healthier options!
**NOTE 1: This event has limited space availability. All attendees must play Bunco. There is a buy into the game of $10.
**NOTE 2: Please be on time. Our schedule is mingle, drink, eat dinner & dessert, and then play. When we play, all attendees play at once and the playing part can go[masked] hours.
As usual, here is a recap of what to bring:
1) One potluck item per attendee (if you are bringing a guest, please make sure to indicate what you are bringing for each person)
2) $10 in cash for the game
3) If you are picking up something from the store, please spend at least $15. We prefer you cook or bake.
4) Your own serving platter and utensil.
5) An alcoholic beverage for yourself and/or to share (optional). Water and soft drinks will be provided.
6) Ziploc bags or plastic containers to take home leftovers
Event address and contact info will be sent to you prior to the event. GAME ON!!!
Menu Recap (if you brought an appetizer or dessert the last few times, please bring an entree this time):
Entrees (need 4)
1. Sausage & Egg Casserole - Linda
2. Baked Pasta - Nancy
3. Ravioli with sauce - Annie
Side Dishes/Appetizers (need 4)
1. Drunken Devils on Horseback (made with bacon) - Ray
2. Salad - Cindy
3. Broccolini Sofrito - Cecilia
4. Baked Caprese - Rebecca
Desserts (need 2)
1. Gelato- Pearl
2. Mystery Dessert - Gwen
3. Booze for the boozers - Nina