Who else in the group has a fluid schedule? I know everyone in the group cooks during the week--at one point or another. So, let this be the day you cook one dish, and add it to the Meetup for a 4-course meal.
It's a weekday dinner for 10.
Basically, when someone posts what they're bringing, pay attention. Bring something different and something that complements. That does not mean if Person A brings peas, that you should bring carrots. Ha! : ) It's more like pesto chicken and cilantro rice, or lasagna and garlic bread, or fried chicken and greens, or angel food cake and egg nog ice cream, or...you get the drift--until we balance courses for a 4-course meal. Please post your contribution with your RSVP.
chips & guac hecho por Rithy
salad hecho por Carmeliene
lemon pepper wings with mango habanero salsa hecho por Michele
ancho chili glazed chicken breasts hecho por Marti
Side Dish(es), incl. veggies:
Spanish rice hecho por Debra
beans hecho por Debra
Cuban plantains hecho por Becky
jalapeno cornbread hecho por Todd
apple enchiladas hecho por Dev
sour cream and ginger pound cake hecho por Michele
It's a weeknight. If you have to get back home, you will go back full and ready for bed, with a packed Tupperware for lunch the next day. If you're livin' un-time-bound, feel free to stay for a movie (whatever I pick up from the library, or whatever you choose to bring) or gaming (I'm a board game fanatic!).
Reminder on what to bring:
- one potluck item per attendee (If you are bringing a guest, please make sure to indicate what you are bringing for each person.)
- If you are picking up something from the store, please spend at least $15. We prefer that you cook or bake.
- your own serving platter and utensil(s)
- Water and coffee/tea will be provided. Other beverages should be brought to share.
- Ziploc bags or plastic containers to take home leftovers
Event address and contact info will be sent to those RSVPd "yes" 2 days prior to the event.