Announcing the first (and if successful, many more) Guinea Pig Potluck Dinner. No, this does not mean we will be preparing dishes out of Guinea Pig (as one member suggested), it means we all must prepare something we have never made before. We will all be guinea pigs (which Miriam-Webster says is a subject of research, experimentation or testing). To assure we have the proper mix of appetizers, desserts, etc. be sure to mark in your comment rsvp what you will be bringing within three days of your RSVP. We are using the honor system; no background checks on whether you've made the dish before or not.
I am a dog owner, so keep this in mind if you are allergic. The dog will be with friends and not at the pot luck.
Looking forward to tasting everything and seeing you!
As always, here’s a reminder of what to bring:
1) One potluck item per attendee (if you are bringing a guest, please make sure to indicate what you are bringing for each person)
2) If you are picking up something from the store, please spend at least $10. We prefer you cook or bake.
3) Your own serving platter and utensil. If you are bringing something soupy, please coordinate with the host regarding bowls.
4) An alcoholic beverage for yourself and/or to share (optional). Water and soft drinks will be provided.
5) Ziploc bags or plastic containers to take home leftovers
Here is what we're having so far:
1. Chicken Salad - Becky Lee
2. Cornish Pasties - Debra Romero
3. Marinated Zucchini Salead - Keith
1. Pastisio - Pat
2. Indian Chicken Curry with Brown Rice - Jody
3. Mini Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pies - Dorinda
4. Brussel Sprout dish - Debra Romero's friend
5. Lemon Rosemary Salmon - Gordy
1. Tiramisu - Michelle
2. Triffle - Ray
3. Anise Cookies - Keith's friend
Event address and contact info will be sent to you prior to the event.