We're looking forward to seeing you all here at Thursday's Meetup! Additionally, I'm excited to announce that we are hiring an Interaction Designer to join our team here in Santa Barbara. Please pass this along to anyone in your network who may be interested in this opportunity. I'm happy to answer any questions at the meetup as well.
See you tomorrow!
Interaction Designer at AppFolio
Want the best of both worlds: stability but with a start-up? How about the opportunity to make a huge impact within a dedicated and experienced team?
AppFolio is looking for an Interaction Designer to help drive user-centered design as a foundational element of all our products. The Interaction Designer will join our fast paced, hungry team working to bring the power of well designed SaaS products to a multitude of vertical industries. Under the direction of the Sr. Interaction Designer, you will work closely and collaboratively with Customers, the Product Owner and the Engineering team to scope, construct flows and wireframe user stories, and drive research initiatives to validate designs from wireframe to working prototype. The ideal candidate is an evangelist for user-centered design and a tireless advocate for the customer.
- Create project deliverables such as storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed designs.
- Plan, recruit for and drive research initiatives including usability studies, surveys, persona development, interviews, and other methodologies aimed at validating design concepts and improving overall product design.
- Ability to translate user stories into design explorations while integrating the needs of engineers, product managers and end users.
- Experience communicating complex user experiences via interaction maps and flows.
- Focus on creating and delivering a consistent and compelling user experience across the entire product.
- Understanding of Web 2.0 and cutting edge web technologies and core principals of compelling design and methods are essential.
- Experience in RITE method and agile/SCRUM development environments a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Visual Design, related field or equivalent work experience.
Interested in being a key member of team dedicated to quality and success? Email your resume and portfolio to J.J. Kercher at [address removed]
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, AppFolio, Inc. was founded by a team of technology leaders with proven backgrounds in creating revolutionary software that businesses love to use. With investors including Cisco Systems, BV Capital and the Investment Group of Santa Barbara, AppFolio has secured $30 million in funding to date. AppFolio released its first product, Property Manager, in Q2, 2008. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, and great benefits.