align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Santa Barbara UX Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Let's meet at lynda.com for the UIE Web App Master Tour take-aways!

New Meetup: Let's meet at lynda.com for the UIE Web App Master Tour take-aways!

Kejun X.
michelwell
Santa Clara, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for Santa Barbara UX Meetup!

What: Let's meet at lynda.com for the UIE Web App Master Tour take-aways!
When: Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:30 PM

Where: lynda.com
6410 Via Real
Carpinteria, CA 93013

Hi Santa Barbara UXers,

I am almost positive you missed the UIE Web App Master Tour (because I didn't see any of you:) In reciprocity of Jill's and Josh's awesome presentations in our last meetup, I am going to report back my take-aways at this two-day conference in the emerald city, Seattle. I am so glad to be back after all those years and of course I was welcomed by an entire week of raining, which I miss quite often in Southern California.

Pizza will be served at the courtesy of lynda.com and I will also bring chocolates!

Call me at 206.384.8495 if you have difficulty finding it.

Some highlights I am going to walk you through:

Jared Spool: the essential principles behind design principles

Bill Scott: designing for mice and men

Josh Clark: mobile apps: native or web based

Julie Zhuo: facebook: data informed v.s. Data driving design decision makings

Luke Wroblewski: designing mobile web experiences

This is by far the most interesting and hands-on conference I've attended and I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you.

Please RSVP and we need a headcount to know how many pizzas we are going to order!

See you soon!

Kejun

Check it out!