Join 20-30 SCWDC members and guests on a one week trip to Club Med's Sandpiper Bay Resort near Ft. Lauderdale, FL, May 9-16.
- Trip price includes accommodations for 2 persons per room with private bath, breakfast, lunch and dinner and entertainment every night for 7 nights, Friday to Friday
- Does not include air transportation to Florida (West Palm Beach is closest airport)
Club Med is famous for its fantastic range of activities, dining options and all-inclusive pricing for meals, beverages, activities.
- FREE beer, wine, and open bar all day & all tips are included.
- FREE daily group golf and tennis lessons.
- FREE tennis round robins and tournaments (men's, women;s and mixed doubles) with use of the tennis courts (14 hard and 5 soft) other hours during the day.
- FREE use of the driving range, 9 hole pitch and putt golf course, 3 swimming pools.
- FREE yoga, aqua zumba, paddle boarding, sailing and Pilates classes.
- Additional cost for golf on the 18 hole courses, private tennis and golf lessons, Tennis Acadamie, excursions off of the property, and spa treatments.
Club Med overview video
Club Med Sandpiper overview page 1, overview page 2
Club Med web site
Trip Leader: Susan Devesa
Cost: $ 950 SCWDC member; $ 1,000 Guest
This is a Ski Club of Washington DC trip. Not yet a SCWDC member? Click here to Join Now. One year membership = $45, family membership = $73.
$350 or balance due on 3/9/2014
Trip Flyer and Application (Word Doc) (can be either filled out by hand, then mailed or typed and emailed to leader)
Trip Flyer and Application (PDF) (fill in and send in postal mail with check)
Send application and check to Susan. Make check payable to "SCWDC".
-$50 fee if before 2/15/2014.
-If after 3/15/2014, $50 fee and entire cost of trip if we cannot find a replacement.
Price does not include transportation to Florida or transport from an airport to Club Med.
Many people have frequent flyer points in the airline systems, and also may want to drive.
-West Palm Beach airport is 45 miles away from the Resort. Transfer time by cab:1 hour
-Fort Lauderdale airport is 95 miles from the Resort. Transfer time by cab: 1h 50 minutes
-Miami airport is 111 miles from the Resort. Transfer time by cab: 2 hours
-Orlando airport is 120 miles from the Resort. Transfer time by cab : 2 hours & additional charge
-For a fee, Club Med will pick you up at the airport.
Questions? Please contact the trip leader Susan Devesa.
Reminder: A RSVP to this Meetup site is not sufficient to register for this trip. Please use the registration form above.